Google Analytics

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Yoga on the Go

yoga pose: tree
Photo by bagaball, from Flickr Creative Commons
As I prepare for several long journeys by plane this holiday season, I know I am not alone. Not even close. Though I have always been fond of traveling, I am also not alone in dreading the exhausted, drained, and dirty feeling I have post-air travel. Except, this time I have hope. Hope comes in the form of Yoga on the Go. The last time I flew, I tried every which way to incorporate breathing exercises, postures, and simple yogic attitude adjustments into every moment of the journey. The results were palpable, if not down right dramatic. I had none of the usual stiffness in the neck, back, and legs. Usually that stiffness leads to a headache, which I also had the pleasure of skipping. Oftentimes, I would experience a bit of a post-flight cold or some other immune system malfunction, but this time I stayed healthy as can be. I would even say I almost felt rested after my trek through airports and the air.

So I'm preparing to run another, more official Yoga on the Go experiment through 6 airports, 6 planes, and 22 hours of flight time on our travels to visit loved ones around the country. I'll be documenting poses, breath work, sequences, and meditations I find practical and helpful along the way. I will keep you posted on this 3 week-long study with real-time updates via twitter and posts here on the blog all the way through our journey into the new year.

As we yoga-fy our travel time, we'd love to hear your suggestions, too! Tell us how you yoga-fy a journey by air, and we'll include your ideas in our official Yoga on the Go study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

"And the alternate me's in alternate futures, the ones who made different decisions along the way, who turned left at corners I turned right, what would they have to tell me?" Richard Bach