Google Analytics

Saturday, March 5, 2011

"There" Is Now "Here"

Hello, new house.
I'm just going to come out and say it: I'm so very ashamed that it's been a whole month since I last posted on the blog. While I accept responsibility for diving into a time warp, I also blame it on that house! You see, we've been in the process of a long, slow, tortoise-like move from Paia to Haiku, HI. While it has, at times, been arduous, this move is ultimately an integral part of our yoga-fied lifestyle path. It also just so happens to be driving us nicely along towards our goal for this year of improving the quality of our surroundings.

Finally, a real kitchen for that fancy vegan cooking we want to do!
And things are indeed improving! This lovely house is very cute, full of good energy, and provides us with exactly the balance of privacy, nature, and convenience to society that we need for this year of business-building and lifestyle-upgrading. Along the same lines, we've invested quite a bit of time (and money) into upgrading our household stock. While this has made the move very drawn out (we're still not fully settled), it has taken us huge leaps forward in the quality of our surroundings, keeping those all-important goals in mind. For all that we've done well, I will say that the next time I move, I'd like to hire movers so we don't wind up digging out of a haphazardly moved mountain of personal belongings! That's just another improvement we can work on, though I'd rather not have reason to work on it for another few years...

Want Yoga? Super Yogis Jean Marie & Scott will fly in to save the day!
So what does all this mean for ICY? Well, we no longer have our ICY Paia Studio, and our new home, while fabulous, is ill-suited for the business of teaching yoga. This just means that if you'd like to schedule a private lesson with me or Scott, we'll be meeting in a mutually accessible yoga space on the island instead of our private studio space. This actually opens us up to come to you! So if you want to inquire about scheduling private yoga instruction with us, please call 808-463-9413 or email jeanmarie@infinitycrossing.com. We'll work with you to decide on a location, time, and rate that's most harmonious!

This also means that big changes will need to happen at infinitycrossing.com. Beyond the basic changes involving our move from the ICY Paia studio, we are almost ready to release some new product lines, which I can't tell you about just yet. They'll have to speak for themselves! We also have that brand new set of photos ready! I've posted some here on the blog, but you can preview the full collection on our Facebook page, and soon we'll release them on the website as well.

Pots, pots, and more pots!
And of course, there's the garden! I carted a full truckload of plants from the old house to the new. I was hopeful they wouldn't experience too much shock because of the change in climate. At the new house we have slightly cooler temperatures accompanied by much more moisture. My plants have absolutely loved it here from the moment they arrived! Of course, it probably helped that I fortified their move by feeding them all some worm castings and compost tea.
I'm going to keep several large planters by the lanai for my easy-access edible herbs. I'll also keep lots of ornamentals potted on the lanai. The new garden space is just around the trees, and needs loads of work! A new post on The Garden page is forthcoming, where I'll go into greater detail, for all you green (or brown) thumbs out there...

So, I think that's all for now. I have a rumbling volcano of work to soothe in the coming days, so keep your eyes on the blog. Even in all the chaos that was February, we kept our twitter account @InfinityXing up to date every single day. So if you want the latest "Yoga-fy Your Life Tip of the Day" or just want to know what we're up to, twitter is where we're at! Again, for those of you who can't stomach the "tweeting thing," our daily tweets go straight to our Facebook page, so "Like" us there and you won't miss a beat. Many mahalos for tuning in to Infinity Crossing, in whatever manifestation you choose. As always, yogis and yoginis, keep smiling, laughing, and spreading the NAMASTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

"And the alternate me's in alternate futures, the ones who made different decisions along the way, who turned left at corners I turned right, what would they have to tell me?" Richard Bach